We’ve all seen it before, the person at the gym who does over one hundred crunches and still has the bulk of his or her weight around the midsection. Although this person may have intentions to strengthen and/or decrease inches from the core, crunches alone will not get it! Trust me! I’ve tried! What I learned is that the abdominal muscles respond best when a variety of exercises are performed in conjunction with cardiovascular training and a sound nutrition program! The combination of the right core moves, cardio, and nutrition will definitely get you the abdominal definition (6 pack) you are striving for. Spiritually releasing toxic energy from the second chakra will KEEP the core strong and healthy. For more information on the energetic influence of the second chakra read this:https://nadirahashakir.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/chakra-power/, and for more wellness inspiration join my “Heal-Thee” Network @ https://www.facebook.com/NadirahAShakir?ref=hl!The following are tried and proven for abdominal success! Blessings!
1. Diet: It’s very simple. If you are loading up on processed foods, and eating way more calories than you need then your stomach will have a bulge. You need to eat moderately. A basic rule of thumb to keep your abs flat is to only eat when you are hungry and stop eating before you get full or when your HUNGER subsides!
2. Cardio: There is usually a layer or two, or three, or four, over our muscle/definition. Doing cardio in conjunction WITH proper nutrition will help melt the fat covering the six pack! A basic rule to follow is do 45 minutes of cardio after each abdominal session to burn the fat covering your muscles!
3. Variety: Change is good—yeah!? The same is true for abdominal exercises. If you continue to do 100 crunches and do not see results, then go ahead and add a set of hanging leg raises. Use a stability ball, or you may even want to add some weight. Change it up for results!
4. Use Weight: The abs are no different than any other muscle in the body. If you want to see definition add some weight, and continue to add weight so that you can tear down the muscle so that it can rebuild itself. The abdominals are MUSCLES! Train them accordingly!
5. Deep Breathing: If you breathe correctly, then with each breath you are going to reach way down deep into the lower region of the retus abdominus muscle. On the inhalation there will be a contraction (concentric movement) and on the exhale there will be a release (eccentric movement). Deep inhaling and exhaling will tone the abdominal walls no doubt IF deep breathing is practiced regularly. The added benefit is that you will also be releasing toxic energy from the lower abs as well. Breathe Deep!
6. Avoid Stress: When the body becomes stressed it produces a hormone called cortisol. When cortisol levels rise with in the body due to stress it is stored in the abdominal area—again—BREATHE DEEP.
7. Be careful of the sexual energy you receive: Our second chakra is our sexual chakra—the chakra located in the lower abdominal region. When toxic energy is absorbed from toxic sexual relationships that energy is stored in this area. There are several ways to release this energy energetically. On a basic level, deep breathing with focus on this region with the mental intention to release negative energy will definitely facilitate the healing and release of toxic energy from this region.
8. Get regular: If I said it once then I’ve said it a million times. You should be having at least 2 bowel movements per day. You would be surprised how much fecal matter is stored in the walls of the intestines, and fecal matter in the walls of the intestines will definitely give someone the appearance of a “spare tire.” Drink lots of water! (More on this in a later blog)
For more inspirational affirmations, spiritual exercises, and stories about my journey in fitness you can purchase my book Before You Work Out, Exercise: 40 Days of Working it Out Mentally & Spiritually @ http://bookstore.iuniverse.com/Products/SKU-000141255/Before-You-Work-Out-Exercise.aspx! Be blessed and LOVE YOURSELF TO THE CORE!! Nadirah A. Shakir